Today, sailing is usually done for leisure or pleasure rather than traveling or moving cargo. While shipping is still the most viable way of moving goods overseas, with the advent of the airplane, sailing has transformed from a necessity to a sport. Some people put their sailing skills to the test in sailboat races; some just find it exciting to be riding the ocean waves on a non-motored vehicle, using techniques which sailors have employed for thousands of years.
Sailing from one place to another remains a highly technical and complicated management of wind and sails, ropes, knots, and men. A sailboat can have any number of sail and mast configurations that determine how the craft responds in varying weather and water conditions. The open ocean is a dangerous place to go unprepared, and people still spend lifetimes learning the craft of sailing.
In this free instructional video series for beginner sailors, learn the basics of operating a sailboat in fair wind conditions. Lessons cover tying proper knots in depth, identifying the parts of the sailboat, important safety tips, how to stop your sailboat, how to hoist the main sail, and what to do when leaving the dock. Sail on, sailor.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades