To some, sailing is more than just relaxing, it's a sport. When sailing at high speeds is races, you may find yourself in need of a way to get through a tack quickly. Being able to tack in sailing is good, but you need to perfect this into a roll tack. This allows you to turn more efficiently and with more speed. The ingredients of a good roll tack are a little hard to find. In this video, you'll learn the more straight forward things you can do to improve your roll tack.
One of the most important factors of a good roll tack is being smooth with your steering. The tiller in the tack should never be turned more than 30 degrees. Any more than that, and the turn will be too much and very inefficient.
One way to coach yourself in making sure you're turning properly is to look back at the wake of your turn. You want your wake to make an "L" shape, as opposed to an "S" shape. If it's an "S" shape, this means you've turned too much and came out too low from your tack.
The timing of the roll should be based on the trim of the forward most sail. To get more information on helping your roll tack out, watch the video.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades