In a jibe, the the stern of the boat is passed through the wind. both the mainsail and the jib have to be adjusted. Ideally, this maneuver is performed by three sailors, a helmsman and one working each sail. The mainsail is first centered at the beginning of the turn. As the stern passes through the wind, the mainsail is let out. The jib is adjusted by taking the sail's working sheet off the leeward winch and placing the new working sheet on the opposite winch, trimming the sail.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades