#1. Helmsman: "Get ready to gybe" The crew checks the sheets, secures the new working jib sheet and maintains tension on but uncleats the current working sheet. #2: Crew: "Ready".
#3: Helmsman: "gybing" or "Jibe-Ho" The crew or helmsman begins to center the mainsail. This is very important to prevent an uncontrolled forceful swing of the boom. The helmsman starts to slowly turn the boat as the mainsail is being centered. The boat is turned further and the stern goes through the wind. Once the stern passes through the wind, the mainsail is let out and the jib's leeward sheet is released and the jib is trimmed using the working sheet on the opposite winch.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades